We are currently seeking new members to join our team. We’re a small group of volunteers who set up Let’s Talk, Stansted! which is run by a not-for-profit community interest company, Stansted Mental Health Initiative c.i.c. in 2020.
Get involved with Let’s Talk, Stansted!
We are always looking for new members to join our Steering Committee and help to shape the future direction of the initiaitve.
What is the Let’s Talk, Stansted! Steering Committee?
The Steering Committee work together to drive the future direction of the initiaitve from coordinating training workshops and events to fundraising and running specific projects. We strive to ensure that all members of our community are represented and informed.
What would these new members do?
Steering Committee meets every month, and carries out additional discussions by email. Steering Commitee members may also be called on to help with planning events or other activities, or to help draft materials relating to our vision and strategy which may require additional meetings either as a full Committee or smaller groups. We are particularly keen to hear from candidates who have ideas for future Let’s Talk, Stansted! activities, and who have the energy and enthusiasm to make these happen!
Sounds great! How do I apply?
Send your contact details, with a brief paragraph explaining why you would like to apply and whether there are any areas that you would particularly like to get involved with, to email@example.com
Volunteer Fundraising Coordinator
Let’s Talk, Stansted! are looking for a positive, pro-active and reliable person to volunteer to help us take the Let’s Talk, Stansted! fundraising strategy to the next level as we develop and widen our donor base.
In joining the Let’s Talk, Stansted! team you will play an instrumental part in shaping and taking forward our fundraising to ensure a pipeline of training, events and activities for the community for years to come.
This is an exciting opportunity to join at a key point in our growth. Working closely with our treasurer, your role will be to help the steering committee;
- Establish, develop and maintain new fundraising initiatives
- Take a lead role in researching and developing funding proposals
- Identify opportunities, lead on bid-writing and funding submissions
- Maintain and strengthen relationships with existing and potential funders through regular communications.
Our ideal candidate would have some experience of fundraising and bid writing.
You will need to commit to a minimum of 2 hours per week, which can be completely flexible, and be available for periodic meetings with the Steering Committee which are about one hour long.
Volunteer Social Media and Communications Support
We are looking for a volunteer with an interest and passion for social media and communications to support the growth, development and operation of Let’s Talk, Stansted!
Your help will enable us to reach more people and raise awareness of our organisation. Supported by the Chair and other Steering Committee members, your role might include some of the following based on your skills and experience;
- Ensure that our website is up to date, looks good, functions effectively and is mobile friendly
- In the lead up to and during our events, work across our communication channels to promote messages, tweets, Instagram posts and stories to draw traction to the event.
- Regular posting across our social media accounts (currently just Facebook) including promotion of our network, events and updates.
- Develop our social media channels to include Twitter and Instagram.
- Maintain our mailing lists and send out updates to our volunteers
- Analyse the effects of social media and create a periodic report on what has worked well and what has not.
We are looking for a volunteer who has a background in social media and website maintenance (ideally using WordPress), possibly with graphic design skills.
The volunteer will need to commit to 2 hours per week, which can be completely flexible, and be available for periodic meetings with the Steering Committee which are about one hour long. You’ll be fully supported by our existing media volunteers.