REGISTER AS A VOLUNTEER
Please use the form on this page to register your interest in helping our project, or becoming one of our team. There are three key areas where we need help:
MENTAL HEALTH FIRST AID (MHFA)
Developed in Australia in 2001 and now internationally recognised in 26 countries, the MHFA course teaches people how to recognise the signs and symptoms of common mental health issues, provide help on a first aid basis, and effectively guide someone towards the right support services. Mental Health First Aid Courses are all designed and delivered using evidence-based knowledge and skills that will equip you to be a really effective and kind helper, as well as save lives. We intend to run courses online over 4 weeks (typically a 2 hour evening session each week plus additional ‘homework’).
We will be raising funds to support training and setting up community projects. We need volunteers to help:
- Organise or help run fundraising events in the community.
- Liaise with local businesses to encourage sponsorship and support.
- Help prepare and submit bids for regional and national funding.
If you or your business can offer professional services please also get in touch. For example:
- Business experience or marketing/social media expertise.
- Therapy or counselling skills.
- Experience of working with vulnerable groups.
- or anything that you feel might help the project.
SAFEGUARDING & CODE OF CONDUCT
Please take a look our policy on safeguarding, including our code of conduct for volunteers and mental health first aiders:
YOU WILL NEED TO OPT IN & CONFIRM YOUR SUBMISSION BY EMAIL – this ensures we conform to GDPR and anti-spam regulations. You can opt-out at any time in the future.